Constitution/ MOA as adopted in 1982
Constitution/ MOA as adopted in 1982, Subsequently Revised.
IAWS is governed by its Constitution, which consists of:
Two amendments, proposed at the General Body Meeting at the XI National Conference on Women’s Studies, Goa, 3-6 May 2005, were ratified by a majority of the life members. The amendments are as follows:
- Any member who wishes to be elected to the Executive Committee may do so provided she has been a member of the IAWS for at least one year.
- A member can be elected to the Executive Committee only three times in her entire life. Of these, only two terms may run consecutively.
Amendments made at the Lucknow Silver Jubilee Conference are as follows:
- There is no age limit for student members who should provide proof of student status.
- Ordinary Members can become Life Members by paying the difference (Rs.800) within the three year period of their membership.
- Ordinary Institutional members can become Institutional Life Members by paying the difference (Rs.5000) within the three year period of their membership.